Corporate Social Responsibility Company Policy
Policy brief & purpose: Our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) company policy covers our commitment to addressing our responsibility for the company’s effect on environmental and social wellbeing. We recognise that our company’s existence is part of a bigger system of people, values, other organisations and nature, and this policy outlines our commitment to make a positive contribution to the world we live in.
Aim: The aim of the policy is to demonstrate the company’s commitment to establishing a positive impact on society and the environment. We believe in the need to make a positive contribution to society by establishing a responsible business that meets the highest standards of ethics and professionalism.
Scope: This policy cover all aspects and activities relating to Salko UK Ltd both in the UK and overseas, and is a guide for our employees and operatives as well as contractors, suppliers and customer.
The Policy has been produced as part of the company’s IMS (Integrated Management System) that complies with the following Standards: ISO9001:2015, ISO14001:2015 & ISO45001:2018. The policy reflects the company’s obligation and commitment to achieve compliance to established “best practice” in relation to safety, health, environmental, and social aspects.
CSR Categories: Identified categories applicable to the company’s activities and our commitment to legality and willingness to observe community values.
- Legal: As covered within our IMS, the company will:
- Respect the law
- Honour its internal policies
- Ensure that all its business operations are legitimate
- Keep every partnership and collaboration open and transparent
- Business ethics: We’ll always conduct business with integrity and respect to human rights. We’ll promote:
- Safety and fair dealing
- Respect toward the consumer
- Anti-bribery and anti-corruption practices
- Protecting the environment: We will establish environmental best practice as part of our ISO14001 Environmental Management System.
- We recognise the need to protect the natural environment;
- We will achieve this by taking steps to minimise and wherever possible eliminate environmental aspects that have a negative impact on the environment;
- We will take positive steps to enhance the environment where possible;
- We will take positive steps to protect and enhance the natural environment to the benefit of wildlife.
- Preserving the Environment: Apart from legal obligations, our company will proactively protect the environment. Examples of relevant activities include:
- Recycling / re-using
- Conserving energy
- Using environmentally-friendly technologies where practicable
- Establishing a new tree planting programme at the head office location
- Enhancing the head office location to support and promote local wildlife, flora and fauna.
- Protecting people: We will establish health, safety and welfare best practice as part of our ISO45001:2018 Occupational Health and Safety Management System in order to:
- Not risk the health and safety of our employees and community as a whole.
- Avoid harming the lives of local and indigenous people.
- Support diversity and inclusion.
- Human rights: Our company is dedicated to protecting human rights. We are a committed equal opportunity employer and will abide by all fair labour practices. We’ll ensure that our activities do not directly or indirectly violate human rights in any country. Our commitment is supported by the following company policies:
- Salko UK Limited Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct;
- Salko UK Ltd Human Rights Policy;
- Salko UK Limited Sustainable Procurement Policy;
- Salko UK Ltd Anti Bribery & Corruption Policy;
- Salko UK Ltd Equal Opportunities Policy & Code of Practice;
- Salko UK Ltd Anti Slavery Policy.
- Donations and aid: We will encourage our employees and operatives to make donations to appropriate local, national and/or international causes. Our company may preserve a budget to make monetary donations in order to:
- Advance the arts, education and community events.
- Alleviate those in need.
- Volunteering: We will encourage our employees / operatives to volunteer for involvement in appropriate local and national activities, organised internally or externally. Our company may also sponsor volunteering events from other organisations.
- Supporting the community: Salko UK Ltd are available to support community projects e.g. recent refurbishment of farm buildings for local farmer.
This policy also acts as a code of conduct for all Salko personnel as well as suppliers and contractors used and is part of the company’s commitment to continuously improving the way it operates.
The policy will be subject to review at least annually and will become an auditable item as part of the Salko UK Ltd IMS
4th January 2021