Health & Safety
(Prepared in accordance with Section 2(3) of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974)
All Directors of Salko UK Ltd. recognise that they have a statutory and moral duty to provide a safe and healthy working environment for their employees, visitors, those working on behalf of the organisation and any other person that could be affected by their actions.
All members of the Salko Management Team accept in full their responsibilities and aim to achieve, as far as reasonably practical, the highest standards of health, safety and welfare in order to prevent injury and ill health.
In order to achieve this policy we will aim to continually improve our Health & Safety performance by monitoring, reviewing and improving our management controls associated with all aspects of our service delivery. This will be achieved by setting realistic improvement targets and objectives related to improvement opportunities. Particular focus will be directed at the following:
- Identify and comply with all appropriate legislation set down by governments and regulatory authorities, exceeding them whenever possible.
- To satisfy the requirements of the ISO45001:2018 Standard.
- To ensure that all members of the Salko Management Team and the workforce work together to establish a positive health, safety and welfare culture throughout the company.
- Integrating behavioural safety into all aspects of the company.
- Maintain effective dialogue with the HSE and Local Authorities to ensure legal compliance.
- Ensure that sufficient resources are made available to implement this policy.
- Continually monitor, review and re-assess the policies and procedures to ensure that they remain fully effective, utilising best practices and best available techniques.
- Develop and maintain an effective Risk Management Strategy.
- Assess existing and potential hazards and risks arising from work related activities and implement appropriate control measures and safe systems of work to manage the risk to an acceptable level.
- Provide and maintain safe working areas and equipment that is suitable and ensure that they are maintained in safe working condition.
- To monitor our occupational health, safety and welfare, making sure risks are well managed.
- Recognition of the potential for mental health issues arising from work related situations and environment.
- The control of outsourced services, where applicable.
- To fully cooperate with all other interested parties in regard to establishing a safe working environment.
- Involve and consult with employee representatives to promote and encourage their participation in establishing and monitoring safety standards in the work environment.
- To ensure that all Salko personnel are competent and have the ability to apply knowledge and skill to achieve all H&S related objectives.
- Provide the necessary training, guidance and advice to all employees to enable them to meet their company and or individual responsibilities for safety matters.
- Provide appropriate PPE where other controls cannot reduce or eliminate risk and monitor use.
- Promoting the importance of compliance and total commitment of all persons under our control to the following legal requirement:
Section 7 of the HASAW Act 1974 states that: “It is the duty of every employee at work to:
Take reasonable steps to ensure the health and safety of themselves and other people who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work.
Co-operate with management so far as is necessary to enable that duty to be performed or complied with and to inform their employer, or any other person with specific responsibility for health and safety, of any work situation which could present a serious and immediate danger to health and safety, or of any other shortcomings in the arrangements for health and safety.”
4th January 2021